Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Back to reality....did I ever leave?

Well, we just spent an extended weekend at my sis and bro-in-law's place in Craftsbury Vermont. It was really nice. They have an 18 acre spread on a mountain with great views
and I spent quite a bit of time on an adirondack chair so taken by those views that I hardly
read the book I brought. The weather was unseasonably warm for northern VT this time
of year. Liv got to work at the dairy farm of friends a bit. She threw candy from the rumble
seat of her grandpa's '28 Model A in the Memorial Day parade. Drove a tractor for the first
time. Lots of fun and memories being made. The only hard thing is coming home. Not that
you ever leave your troubles completely behind but coming home to face a mammogram,
2 sonagrams, MM check-up appointments for Tim, a visit to a cardiologist for me
that will most definitely result in going on blood pressure medicine, doing the income taxes I
put off time and again. There's just no way not to start obsessing about all that on the 7 hour
ride home. Well.....no way for a worry wart like me anyway. So, once again, back to the grind.
Gotta just take it all one step at a time. Thank goodness for these little breaks in the routine
though. They help a heckuva lot. And, of course, Liv NEVER minds missing a few days of school
to go on vacation. :o)

2 comments:

Steven L. Ritter said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. The work will always be there but you will forget you did the work very soon. The vacation memories will last the rest of your life! However, reality hits us all sooner or later!

Rebecca Weber said...

See how smart you are? The vacation sounded heavenly. Even though it is back to life, keep thinking of the vacation daily.

Rebecca Weber