Well tomorrow after church service, it seems I will be voted to be the new church treasurer. My pastor assures me it's a sure thing.
It's certainly not that I need another "hat" to wear (mom, wife, caretaker, softball coach, landlord, bookkeeper for Tim's business, accountant, school volunteer, girl scout volunteer, housekeeper(kinda), cook(sorta)),
I've probably missed a few. BUT, what I do need is some kind of work experience as I will
be hard pressed to land a job when or if Tim has to stop working as having been a stay-at-homer for so long is just poison in the job market. My pastor approached me with this position and it
only requires a few hours per month and attending board meetings(I will officially be a board
member) and I could not pass up the opportunity. It could lead to other things later which
is what I hope. The secretary of the school run by our church is an old childhood neighbor of mine who already told me that she will have to leave her position for more money when she
finishes getting the college degree she never finished years ago. She is also going through a
very hard time in her life and we had a nice, mutually supportive chat a few weeks ago. I really like the folks
I've met since starting to get more involved with church again and it's nice. In other matters, I had a 24 hour blood pressure monitor put on
the other day. It appears that my BP is just dandy when I am sleeping or reclining in Tim's chair
watching TV but the rest of the time, well....it sucks. The doc is trying not to put me on meds
due to me intolerance of meds and he wants me to get a sleep study done cause I probably have
sleep apnea which raises blood pressure. I told him I snore like a bear. Tim hears me from downstairs over the TV!!! and Tim also says I stop breathing in my sleep,though he went on to say that's only when he's holding a pillow over my face to stop the snoring ;o). I'm getting all my girlie testing done. I damn near burst my bladder the other day after drinking an ocean of water for a sonagram that
was done an hour later than scheduled. NOT fun. I hate all this medical stuff. Very nerve wracking. I was tempted to call my new gynecologist to see if she got the results of the sonagram
so I could hopefully not think about it all weekend and their darn office called my cell phone instead of my home phone yesterday and I did not get the message till 11 o'clock last night. REALLY don't understand why folks use cell phones first. I never bother anyone on their cell unless they have
told me to call it. Of course they did not give me the "all clear" just said to call their office at my nearest convenience and they close till Monday. Anyhoo, Olivia is finished with school and
she and I have been running errands and hanging out together a lot. She starts her recreation
day camp on Monday so it's right back to having a schedule but she likes being with kids more than me(who wouldn't) and has fun there. I have to get a lot done before our first summer vaca.
We've got a 10 day trip planned for Cape May and then back to Chincoteague Island 'cause we all
loved it so much last year. My parents will be with us on the Cape May leg. Hope my mom does OK. She is struggling with adult onset asthma and it is really messing her up. My older sister goes out to Cal. a lot for her job and decided to take my niece, who just graduated high school, and my nephew, who is about to turn 21, out there to experience CA. They flew out a few days
after her so she could work and now she is showing them the sights. She e-mails and sends
a new photo every day and they are having a great time. I'm so glad. Things have been rough for
them. Their parents divorced and money is too tight for my niece to go away to the college she wanted so this was something to look forward to despite the disappointments of the last year or so. They are avoiding San Fran today as it is gay pride weekend and not that that bothers anyone but apparently the events are clothing optional so it's off somewhere else for the day. We didn't want to see that "photo of the day." Another MM
blogger commented on his blog that he was very disappointed in a lot about San Fran on a recent
trip there with his grandkids, not the least of which was a bunch of men riding bikes in the buff.
Boy, San Fran has CHANGED since I was there in '77 and it doesn't sound like for the better.
I'm not a fan of public nudity. Spare us the visuals people!!! Heck, at my age, even private nudity ain't what it used to be! Just kidding. Tim still looks great. Me....well it's a matter of lighting.
The less the better!!! ;o) Well that's the latest from hot and
humid New Jersey(land of the Roseann Rosannadana hairdos). Happy summer y'all.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ya... SF isn't what it use to be!!!
Hope you have a great vacation! We just had to cancel ours due to the congress not passing the extension on unemployment. I'm starting to look at part time work ;-( It is really bad here in N-cal.
Anyway, I'm almost to goal weight! Another 5 or 6 lbs and I'll be there.
Keep blogging and look for my next one in a day or so.
Post a Comment