Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I DO NOT recall this being on our wish list

Well, a doctor's visit with Tim turned into a stat chest x-ray and TADA! he has pneumonia.
First time since he was 12, I believe. I am on the upswing, but Olivia started coughing again, after getting over a minor cold over a week ago, and now it looks like this may be the Christmas that never was. If we don't make some miraculous recoveries and the doctor can't assure me it's safe to be around others, looks like Christmas at home with Vick's vapo-rub smeared on all our chests. Yeehaw. On the bright side, our big apartment is rented, I have a maybe on the smaller one and we're not crying over the fact we may not see Tim's jerk of a sis-in-law, which we were not looking forward to after her behavior last year. Tim's GP wants to know why the heck
a myeloma patient has not been given a pneumonia shot every year. We were told about the flu
shot but nobody EVER said anything about the pneumonia shot. He said this is standard procedure for MM patients. I wasn't aware he was an oncologist too. Another question to ask
the head cheese. Happy Christmas y'all! and if you're overcome by the smell of menthol, that
would be us. I feel a Christmas poem coming on.

3 comments:

Lorna A. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lorna A. said...

In love the smell of Vick, I've even been known to rub a bit on when I haven't got a cold.
I'm sorry to hear you are all suffering various degrees of under the weather. I agree it's nuts that they have never mentioned a pneumonia shot for Tim.

Get well soon y'all. Have a Merry Christmas any way.
Love Lorna x

Second attempt as my wireless keyboard keeps missing out letters. Grrr.

Anonymous said...

OMG no in-laws - silver lining.

No-one has ever mentioned peneumonia shots to me either! Flu yes, well actually I asked about that one myself the first time.

(I like masking tape and brown paper fetish and now Lorna confesses to a Vick fetish!) :D