We are back from the Amish country. It was a nice few days. I never get tired of looking at rolling
farmland, ever. Bought a few things for the homestead. I wanted a new "coffee" table and decided
an antique piece was just the thing. Can't really take to these modern style, decaled, particle board things. So I purchased a very old box with the chocolate company stencil still visible. Now
to build a top. I wanted to have a piece of marble cut for it. Tim insists we need to make a hinged top out of some worn barn boards. I'll have to put a time limit on his idea and then go and do what I want to get the task done. We had the MM support group today. I booked the speaker, an attorney who
specializes in elder law and helping people protect their assets when nursing home care is needed. The meeting went well and then I had to tear out of there, come home and pick up Tim, and run right back there for his doctor appt. My car is at the dealer again. They had it 4 months for a recall replacement of the rear axle and I got it back with a problem that they STILL can't diagnose. It is now cutting out and stalling
without warning and of course, it NEVER happens when they drive it. GRRRRR. Anyhoo, Tim now shows a slight band in his immunofixation test. His doc is not concerned. Said he could go like this for years. He even had this a year or so back and it went back to zero m-spike but this is the second appt. that showed this band. Bottom line is, he is not in a complete response anymore. The doc said he still doesn't have to come in any earlier than 3 months. He said all his other numbers are excellent and his hemoglobin is actually better than the doctor's own is. This is great because Tim's hemoglobin was below normal since his dx and is now within the normal range. This doctor really has a great personality and always talks to us about personal stuff. He remembers things months later that Tim and he spoke about too. He must get bored talking about MM all the time so he talks about anything but to us. He told me not to worry and said that while his MM was 100% undetectable, it is still 99.9% undetectable now. I know we have to
be grateful but, it's still hard not to feel a little like the party's ending. Not that it's been a party really but on May 9th, our daughter will be turning 13 and Tim will be celebrating 3 years off chemo. We know we've been lucky in that respect. So that's the MM scoop. Oh and I can't forget the puppy news. Well, we were so worried about dropping Lacey at the kennel up the road. We'd taken her there twice before to visit whilst making our decision about which kennel to use. We got there on Sunday and she started barking back at the dogs barking in the outdoor runs as soon as we got out of the car. She pulled us INTO the office and as soon as she saw the guy she'd met last time, she jumped all over him. He took her leash in his hand and she literally dragged him all the way to the back by the runs to be with the other dogs and never even looked back to say goodbye to us. We picked her up Wednesday. She was happy to see us but still loving on the guy who'd taken care of her. He said she was hanging around with him and he'd even let her stay with him in the office when they were closed for lunch. The other dogs were probably jealous. She is no worse for wear at all.
Wasn't even in a hurry to leave. We got her home, chucked her in the bath for germ and cleanliness sake, and she is the same old crazy puppy with no lasting ill effects from her time at doggy sleep away camp. We are glad but it is still hard to be away from her. I really don't think I could ever do this for a full week. Another long day tomorrow. Off to bed for me.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Arghhhh.... the anxiety of the numbers!
Sounds like the axle might have a pinched electrical wire or fuel line someplace that cuts off power or fuel. I intend that they are able to see the problem and fix it - finally and for good.
Your doc sounds like he is still confident about Tim's status and let's just intend that his next visit shows him at 100 % again, for the highest and best good of all concerned... Are you using any curcumin?
And it was good news about the puppy and her stay, so keep on intending good things and I am right there with you. Glad your trip was a success in all ways!
so glad you got reassurance from tim's doctor; i'm sure he's seen how even teeny, fleeting changes can rock people's world and cares deeply enough to put out a relaxed vibe. the trick is always, always to renew the mantras, "i will live in the present and ENJOY life to the fullest", and the one from the brits, bless their hearts, "STAY CALM AND CARRY ON."
0.1 of a percent is NOTHING!(Well... almost nothing) It will be fine!
And I like the sound of a chocolate box coffee table!
Good to read you all, especially Lacey, had a good time! ;D
And that the overall news for Tim is still good.
Post a Comment