Friday, June 10, 2011

Doctors who make your heart go pitter pat

I got the results of my sonagram this morning. They found nothing out of sorts. Now, I suppose this is good news, but I am still having pain in my gut and around my back and the "green apple two-step" is a dance I
have gotten really tired of doing these last 2 weeks. Looks like I'm headed for the gastroenterologist and
a possible colonoscopy. Sweet. Then I had to run to an appt. with the pulmonologist who I had to see after
my sleep apnea study. He is trying to solve this chronic cough I've had for years. Part of it is sinus related.
Part may be a cough variant type of asthma. I got there a little late. There was a detour and then a bunch of
folks running a torch for something with a police escort in my lane of the street. It was crazy trying to get there.
I had this older man behind me beeping his horn, like I can do anything about the row of cars, 5 cop cars
with lights on driving 5 mph,. and the fifty joggers in our lane. If he blew that horn one more time, I was gonna get outta my car and make a suggestion. I get there late and frazzled and the nurse slaps a blood pressure cuff on me to start the appointment. I said, "you're kidding right?". She said, "it's great, 120 over 70." This nurse obviously can't take BP readings. It's only 120 over 70 when I'm asleep. Then the doc comes in. What a hunk. Green eyes and no stranger to weight machines. Holy cow. He's checking my lungs with a stethoscope and then went to listen
to my heartbeat and I swear I had to be blushing and I'll bet ya big time my heart rate was just a little fast.
A few times I got just a little lost in those green eyes and had to force myself to pay attention to what he
was saying. Luckily, I was headed to a church meeting after this appt. cause I'm pretty sure I needed forgiveness by this time. My heart was still going pitter pat when I got to the meeting and
a few of the ladies I was meeting at church  think they may be having breathing problems now!
Dr. V, the pulmonologist who makes women breathless. So Apparently, I have a slight bit of small airway
disease. It may be just irritation or imflammation from the chronic cough, or I guess it could be damage. He
said it's mild but something I don't want to get worse so inhaled steroids it is for me now. Gotta go back in
3 months to do the lung function tests again and see if there is improvement. As always, I guess it could have
been worse. I'd sure like to see my gut clear up though. It's a real nuisance not being able to eat normally and
running to the powder room all the time. And don't ask me how, but I still have not lost a single pound. How is that? I'm eating half as much as I usually do for 2 weeks and NOTHING. Rats.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Glad to hear there was nothing of consequence in the sonogram... I know someone who had an infection - a sort of gastritis - which was cleared up with antibiotics in a week and the symptoms sound similar.

When you are just 'flushing' your nutrients, you will never lose weight. Your liver is being affected by the flow and probably being overworked. Suggestion: stop drinking floridated water which also affects the liver and this is the key organ to weight loss. I drink only rainwater now (filtered, naturally) and would rather risk imbibing jet fuel particulate matter over flourides. Just a thought. (But I've lost 30 pounds since January.)

Intending you get to the bottom (no pun intended) of the green apple two step.;-)

tim's wife said...

I was wondering, Sandy, if this was some kind of irritation or imflammatory intestinal condition like you mention. I have a 2-stage filtration system on our water supply and an undersink filter on all water we consume too, so I'm not getting flouride. I know flouridated water is bad for you and can't believe they're selling water bottles with flouride added!!! I'm hoping this gut thing clears up on it's own with some acidophilus and cleaning up my diet a bit, 'cause I am hungry!!!