Thursday, January 19, 2012

BEST husband in the world.....................psyche out

Today, I went to our monthly MM support group meeting. Always a nice time with such terrific people. I've
said it before, MM seems to only choose great folks. On the way home, I stopped at a friend's deli
to pick up some lunch before I went over to our rental house to sand spackle, prime, and paint the wall
that was damaged when the tree fell on the house. Yesterday, while I was over there spackling, Tim called
from a different deli and asked if I wanted anything. I said, "yeah, grab me some soup." He did and dropped
it off to me. Today, I stopped home to eat, change clothes and grab my tools etc. I saw a deli container of
soup sitting on my stove. I thought, "how sweet is that. He brought me soup again, without even asking(he
knew I'd be in the middle of the meeting) and he dropped it off at home on his way to his other job site."
I went on and on in my head about what a terrific husband I have. I figured I'd really show him my appreciation when he got home. Well, since I had stopped, I had a sandwich and a soup already, but I was  still overwhelmed by what he had done. I don't EVER take nice things for granted, no matter how small. I appreciate even the tiniest of kindnesses shown to me. So, I finished eating and went to put the soup he'd bought me in the fridge. I figured I'd just
have it tomorrow. I picked the container up and it was VERY light. I look and there is about 2 spoonfuls of
soup left in the bottom. WHAT?! I thought, "THAT LITTLE &%$#@*" He got home from work later and I said, "what was the deal with the soup?" He laughed. It seems he ate his lunch here at home and decided to taste the soup he bought me, then he tasted a little more, then he liked it so much, he kept going and couldn't stop himself. So the brat left 2 little spoonfuls in the bottom of the container and left it on the stove for me. Could you imagine if I hadn't stopped to pick something up? 2 spoonfuls of soup for lunch. They say it's the thought that counts. I think he should have just finished it and hidden the evidence. So much for all that sweetest husband stuff!  Some days, reality comes along and whaps you right upside the head.  :o/

4 comments:

Lorna A. said...

My kids are the same, they buy me their favourite chocolates as presents and proceed to help me eat them. Just as well I suppose or I'd be the size of 2 elephants instead of 1. :(

Sandy said...

Aw, c'mon, he's still sweet... just a little hungrier than he realized... glad you got a couple of snippets!

Unknown said...

Sorta' makes you think of Goldilocks and the Three Bears!!

feresaknit said...

Well at least the thought was there! :D