Tim is supposed to see his MM doctor every 3 months. He pushed one visit off to 4 and has now done this again. I don't get my knickers too twisted over this but it is not fun on my end to have to keep bringing it up and telling him to "give me a day" so I can make his appt. while he keeps blowing it off. He has to
go get labs drawn first and then book an appt. a week later. The labs are quick(the driving takes some time though) but he hasn't even made time to do that. I can understand his not wanting to go in Dec. We got bad news just before the holidays when his transplant was a bust and it stunk but now he is busy as heck with work and can't find a free day. Jan. is usually a slow month for contractors but not Tim this year. His mother asked me the other day what was going on and I told her that I keep trying to pin him down but he's not listening. She commented that he probably doesn't want to go. Ya think?!!! After almost 4
years of this, I'm pretty sure I could figure that out but he has to go and even though he has been stable for a good spell, there's nothing about kidney or bone damage that sounds like a picnic to me if the MM should flare up quickly and go unchecked. In most ways, Tim is an unbelievable patient. He really doesn't complain, has avoided depression so far throughout this whole ordeal(wish I could say the same) and I am still amazed at how he keeps his spirits up. But this part of it for me is tough. I am not fond of having to nag him. I do all the research, make his appts., pay the medical bills, and manage all that side of things and he is pretty confident that between me and his doctors, he's in pretty capable hands. I'm glad he feels that way and is able to get MM off his mind because of it and live as normal a life as possible, but my job is not an easy one, and it's overwhelming at times when added to everything else I have to do. I just wish he cooperated a bit more with this. Tonight,
I am going to tell him that he has to give me 2 times for these visits before he does anything else.
I don't like to scare him. He really does not want to know all the scary scenerios that may or may not happen but if he insists on blowing this off, I have no choice but to tell him what he needs to know about the risks so he can make an informed decision. He is better about going to doctors when he is sick now but these check-ups are different. I don't blame him for putting it off but it's just got to be done. On the rental house front, I have a woman, who is a pediatric nurse, moving into our 2 bedroom. I have to say that she seems to have an unbelievable personality and if this is not an act, she is one of the nicest people I have met in years. She's got 2 kids, 1 in college and 1 a senior in highschool and going to college next year. Her husband apparently did her wrong and she is leaving him. Man, to be leaving your highschool sweatheart after more than 30 years together and still looking at the bright side and smiling, WOW, I want what she's drinking. The upstairs apartment is not rented yet and true to form, the woman who left decided she needed to cause some "exit drama" to blow off the stress she had due to being unsure about the move. I hate to say this but after almost 20 years of this, I realize that men let it all hang out all the time.
If they're jerks, they let you know almost immediately. They will be who they are throughout the whole tenancy. Women will act sweet as pie even for years, but as soon as they know they don't have to worry about the rent going up next year or a lease not being renewed, that's when you find out who they really are. The more stressed they are about the move, the more they need to take it out on someone. I really prefer people who are who they are and drop the act. Michelle started being rude, even in front of prospective tenants, and we put up with quite a bit of undeserved behavior and then she tried to do something to us that was just selfish and wrong and I told her just what I thought of it and that enough was enough. I don't take this cr** personally anymore but when you are dealing with life-or-death in your everyday life, you just don't want to be drawn into the petty drama that others create because they have nothing better to do. She sent me an e-mail saying I made things uncomfortable now and she had done everything possible to avoid that. I guess she thinks that her rude behavior and flip-flopping back and forth about moving, costing us 2 renters because of it, going back on her word to us and costing us at least a month's lost rent, and the fact that she slept with the downstairs tenant who was going through a nasty divorce, and was a jerk who then wanted nothing to do with her had nothing to do with why she wound up being uncomfortable there. Hmmm. Go figure. I am no saint to be sure but I take full responsiblity for my actions. Just wish other people did. I just love how some
folks blame everyone else for their own behavior. I can put up with a heckuva lot from people but there comes a time when you have to draw your line in the sand. Unfortunately, the fact that you do put up with so much is exactly why people get so shocked and pi**ed when you put the kibash on it. This is one way that Tim is ALWAYS right. I am always looking for the good in people. Even when I start to see hints of "not-so-good" I am always giving the benefit of the doubt and making excuses for them. Then when it becomes evident that they really are a jerk, I am always left feeling bewildered that I mis-judged again where as Tim takes it all at face value and is "on" to people much faster than I. I bet Tim awhile ago that Michelle might actually be
above the exit drama thing. Tim said no and bet she would turn. He was right again. Oh well! Onward.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Upstairs, downstairs... I feel a movie script coming on: The Tenants - a 90 minute drama ersatz comedy about what happens when you rent to strangers who try to become better acquainted. Will it sell? Shall we collaborate?
I know this is not funny when you have so much else to deal with, but I wanted to help give you a breather and let you know that I do understand how difficult it is under any circumstances.
To ease your frustration about the appointments, why don't you just make three appointments and tell him to choose one and then cancel the ones he doesn't select? Tell the receptionist what you are doing so she can note the file and make the changes when you call back. When I worked in a doctor's office, that was something we could easily manage with the computerized scheduling program
As for the tenant... you will be well rid of her, for sure... and if you want to work on a script in your spare time (ha ha) let me know...
I'm on the same wavelength as Sandy re the tenants - I bet you don't need to watch any TV soaps.
I can understand Tim dragging his feet but I prefer the let's get this over with approach. Hope you can successfully pin him down. ;D
Post a Comment