Sunday, October 2, 2011

Animals in church and a multi blog hello.

First I want to say, in case any of these folks stop by, that I am having computer problems again and there are several blogs that I cannot leave comments on. Being the computer illiterate that I am, I don't have a clue
why this happens but want these messages to get through somehow. SEAN, I want you to know I am praying for you and will be sending lots of thoughts your way as you have your allo. I included yours and Paula's name, along with some others, as I often do, in our church prayers today and a church full of devout Lutherans prayed for you all today. Deb. I have been keeping up with your blog. I'm glad to hear your strength is coming back. Sorry
I haven't been able to comment with any words of support. There are a few others I'm having trouble with so if you haven't heard from me, it's this darned computer stuff again. I'm still following along.
Speaking of church, the little Episcopal church on the corner had their annual blessing of the animals service today. Usually, they just have this outdoors and bless the animals one by one after a brief little service. Today, they invited a bunch of animal rescue places and other vendors to set up tables and made it a whole afternoon "paws fest." We took Lacey and spent a bit of time there. Then they had the service INSIDE the church. I thought, "you're kidding, right?!" Nope, there were bulldogs sitting on pews and cats and even a huge tortoise named Soupy, who lives at our town pet store, came to get blessed.
There had to be close to 200 people there and dogs everywhere. A fight even broke out in the main aisle
as the pets formed 2 lines to be blessed by the pastors. One siberian husky started howling/singing when the
opening song was sung. It was CRAZY. But the best part is the woman who walked in with the duck. She
sat right down front and the pastor had a hard time keeping from laughing as you heard QUAAAACK, quack, quack, quack, QUAAAAACK, quack, quack while he did the service. SO damn funny. Between all the pups she met and the treats that were handed out, Lacey had a ball. I wish that I'd brought my video camera. It was surreal to see this church just packed with animals. I'm sure glad I was not on the clean-up crew.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

denise - i, too, had nearly a week when i could not comment on blogs - makes one feel so cut off and also frustrated. turns out i'd gotten in the habit of minimizing my aol site, then going to my google page. i finally figured out that having another program opened prevented me from commenting!!?? i sure hope this helps you, know just how you feel.

the blessing of the animals - you descibed it wonderfully. wish i would have been able to be there, but reading about it was delightful. hugs, karen

Sandy said...

I have had a commentuous week of being denied - could it be sunspots? I loved your story about the Blessing of the Animals! We have this going on here with dogs all the time... it is common to have a peasant go to church services and have his dog accompany him. Somehow the dogs know when they are are inside the cathedral that they are not supposed to 'get into it' with each other... gives one paws, does it not?

Unknown said...

Hi, thanks for all your prayers and love, it is very much apreciatted. Its great to have a network of fellow bloggers that are thinking about each other.

I'm sure Paula apreciates it too, she is still here in the same hospital as as me somewhere I think. I will catch up with her later and let her know about your computer issues.

I think if you had of videoed the animal church service, it would have been ranking in the top 10 on YouTube, it would have been so funny to watch.

X hugs x

Unknown said...

Hi, thanks for all your prayers and love, it is very much apreciatted. Its great to have a network of fellow bloggers that are thinking about each other.

I'm sure Paula apreciates it too, she is still here in the same hospital as as me somewhere I think. I will catch up with her later and let her know about your computer issues.

I think if you had of videoed the animal church service, it would have been ranking in the top 10 on YouTube, it would have been so funny to watch.

X hugs x

Linda said...

Denise, I too have had times where I simply could not leave a comment and for me it seems to be affected by whether or not "Stay signed in" is checked. If it isn't checked, I can comment. You might want to see if that works for you. The blessing of the animals sounds wonderful and we too are praying for our friends in the UK!

tim's wife said...

Linda, I think you've got it. I unchecked it and was able to leave a comment for Sean. It keeps re-checking itself but as long as I know what it is, I can just keep unchecking it before commenting. THANKS!!!

Linda said...

You are welcome and I'm so glad it worked! Blogger technology must still have quirks...I'm just happy I stumbled upon it accidentally because it was sooooo frustrating writing posts and not being able to send them, or have them be mysteriously marked "Anonymous".

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your prayers Denise, I appreciate them. I read this whilst vacationing in the Royal but was having trouble commenting due to the connection being really slow.

I love the idea of a church service for our furry, feathered or otherwise adorned family members. :D